Snapchat is an amazing social media platform for sharing photos with different people at once. But, if you want to limit whoever sees your story, you also have the option to make a Snapchat private story. Private Snapchat stories allow you to have more control over who sees your content, and they are easy to create – although they are a little different from the normal Snap upload process. Here’s how a private story can be shared on Snapchat, using an iPhone or Android phone, and what happens after posting it.
Social media is a way of blending our social groups, and it’s not always convenient. For example, you may not want to show your same side to make you your lifelong best friend. Fortunately, Snapchat lets you control who sees it. You can create personal stories on Snapchat. That way, only those who want to see a particular story will know it exists. Here’s what you need to know to create a personal Snapchat story and what happens after starting it.
My Stories vs. Snapchat Private Stories
When you take a photo from your device or record a video, your story is publicly posted and visible to all of your friends; It depends on your Snapchat privacy settings. The private story on Snapchat primarily involves the creation of an individual story. Once you create it, you can make it private.
Unlike My Stories, Private Stories allows you to choose exactly who you want to see your post before publishing it. No one but you can add content to their personal stories.
How to Create A Snapchat Private Story
There are two different methods to create private stories: One is the main Snap tab and the second one from your profile. Here, we describe these two methods below.
How to Make Your Snapchat Story Private From Your Profile
You can create a new private Snapchat story on your profile page instead of the Snap tab in another method. Here you can learn how:
- From your Snapchat profile, Click on the option + New Story.
- Then click on the option of Snapchat’s “Private Story”.
- Browse within your list of close and recent friends and groups to pick the people you desire to show your Private Story.
- When you are done adding people to the list, tap the box in the bottom right corner.
- From here, you can: Click on the Private Story Name on Snapchat at the top side, where you can add a name for your Private Story.
- Click on the “View this Story” option if you need to include anyone you may have left out.
- Turn off or on the Autosave to memories checkbox to skip or include saving your private Snapchat stories to your memories.
- Touch the blue Create Story button to publish your Snapchat private story. You can view the name of your newly created private story on Snapchat, which is listed in the Stories section of your profile. Touch to access the Snap tab to take your first photo or make your video.
- To add more photos and videos to your Private Story on Snapchat, tap the three vertical dots to the right of the Personal Story name on your profile and tap Add to Story.
How to Make Your Snapchat Story Private from The Snap Tab
The Snap tab refers to the app’s area where your mobile phone camera is activated so you can take photos or record videos. To find it, tap the circle at the bottom center of any tab, or swipe left or right in the Conversations or Discover tab.
- Take a photo or video on the Snap tab.
- Click on the send to the icon in the lower right corner.
- Choose + New Story> Private Story (Only you can post).
- The list of best friends, last members, groups, friends are displayed. Select the contacts for whom you want to show your private story.
- Click on the sign to post your Snapchat private story.
What More You Can Do With Private Snapchat Stories
If you want to change something in your private story, you can do it from your profile. Tap the three vertical dots next to your name. From there, you can delete or change the story settings, enable/disable the autosave feature, or manually save the story there (if the autosave option is disabled).